Our service commitment
Kickstart Jobs UK is run by Academic & Professional Research Centre of Britain (APRCB) a non-profit organisation committed to helping SMEs and SMPs to employ and train young people. APRCB is a Government approved Government Gateway for this scheme helping SMEs to create the new job placement and administrate this scheme for employers with less than 30 new job placements.
We are focusing on financial services, professional services, education, commerce and many other sectors. Our aim is to deliver a Kickstart gateway service that helps SMEs and SMPs grow and develop staff, whilst creating lasting opportunities for young people.
- A minimum of 30 job placements per employer, or if you have fewer then we can join you together with other employers to form a group consisting of 30 placements.
- These must be new jobs and not replace existing or planned vacancies, and they cannot cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment.
- The role must be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months and paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group.
- It should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement.
- There must be wrap-around support to help the individual look for long-term work, including career advice, setting goals, support with CV and interview preparations, and supporting the participant with basic skills, such as attendance, timekeeping, and teamwork. This wrap-around support training is absolutely free of charge. Please see below for more details.
As your Kickstart gateway, we will support you in the following ways. This is at no charge to you as this is covered by government funding. We will take you through the whole journey and make it as easy as possible for you being the employer.
How we support you?
As your Kickstart gateway, we will support you in the following stages. This is at no charge to you as this is covered by the Government.
|Support stages||Support services|
|Stage 1: New Job Placement||The role you are hiring for has to be new and not a replacement for a current role. The people you hire must be 16-24 years old and on Universal Credit. The government covers 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage costs for 25 hours a week. The role should be a 6-month placement starting at the beginning of November|
|Stage 2: Post the job||Your job placement will be advertise this job placement via an online platform, Job CentrePlus specifying Kickstart Job. Work Coaches at Job CentrePlus will review applicant, shortlist suitable, eligible candidates. Prepare the candidates and send them to you for a formal interview. We want to help young people to work, hence we are offering this service completely free of charge.|
|Stage 3: Fill the job placement||We support the employer to select and recruit a suitable candidate and confirm the appointment. Monitor and ensure that the processes are easy and efficient. If required, help them to set up PAYE under their company.|
|Stage 4: Act as a Kickstart gateway.||Do not worry. We will act as a Kickstart gateway for you. We provide support and assistance by dealing with all aspects of job placement and reimbursement with DWP.|
Got a question? Please call us at 07841144988
Do not understand the Kickstart scheme, don’t worry.
Please click the link below and complete the form to apply for funding under the Kickstart Scheme.
You can use one form to apply for multiple job placements in your organization. Kickstart-Jobs will submit applications in batches of 30 job placements to the Department for Work & Pensions who will make a final decision on each application.